Monday, December 10, 2012

Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, Day 10: AT-AT Walker

This is my favorite build so far! Today we get an AT-AT walker, which you should pronounce as "A-T-A-T walker," not "at-at walker" (learned that from my guy friend at work, who told me that I could pronounce it "at-at walker" but then people would laugh at me).

AT-AT stands for All-Terrain Armored Transport.

Lego AT-AT walker:



So cute!

Episode V AT-AT walker:


The thing about AT-ATs is that they are just so darn adorable. They resemble little dogs, and, in fact, there are many artworks and t-shirt designs to that effect:

AT-AT walker as a dog drinking from toilet:


AT-AT walker as dog, being walked by Darth Vader:




Then there's the AT-AT Walker walker, which is how to use a walker in style:


So fun!

When I saw the ads for this year's Lego Star Wars advent calendar, the first thing I did was to create my own AT-AT walker from my spare Lego bricks. It's a great build, and instantly recognizable.

Now the only question is who would win in a battle, an AT-AT Walker, or a mumakil?

For more information about the AT-AT walker, see Wookieepedia.
For parts information for this build, see Bricklink.
For more information on the mumakil, see the LOTR wiki.

2 comments:

Victor said...

This is just to thank you for the reviews. I enjoy every day your posts as I enjoyed also last year advent calendar daily review.

Victor

Heather Dixon said...

You might like this at-at dog link: AT-AT Day Afternoon