Thursday, October 28, 2010

Occasional Piccolo

I always have a difficult time remembering how many Cs are in the word occasion or occasionally. Tonight, however, I sat down and thought about it. I played around with the letters and spelled occasion, ocassion, and occassion. Ocasionaly. Occasionaly. Occasionally. Occassionally.

It's a tricky word!

Then I thought of the word piccolo. I always know how to spell piccolo. I don't know why. I just know how to spell it. There are two Cs in piccolo. There are two Cs in occasion, occasional, and occasionally.

Piccoloccasionally.

Now I will never forget it.

2 comments:

acmeconsulting said...

there's a unique pnemonic. my name is landon. unique post!

Ctina said...

It seems like I have a word issue like that too but I can't think of it right now. It'll come to me at some random moment . . .