Later, I got to thinking, what other things make me feel like that? What other things make me think "This is the best thing in the world"?
Here are a few:
- the smell of waffle cones floating out to me from Cold Stone Creamery.
- the smell of ink and glue and paper as I flip through a book or journal.
- the freedom of weightless movement when I go swimming.
- the enveloping warmth of my puffy down comforter when I slip into bed at night.
- the magical liquid sunshine of a mug of Hatch's hot chocolate. (Seriously, if you've never tried it, go buy some right now. Go. Now. And get me some too.)
- the refreshing simplicity of a glass of water after strenuous exercise.
- the vibrant pure pinks and oranges and yellows in a perfectly cloud-strewn sunset.
- the silence and stillness and brightness of a snowy night with a full moon.