Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Best Thing In The World

Back in February, I went to the Utah Symphony and heard a piece I'd never heard before. It was stunningly beautiful, and I was pleasantly surprised. I sat in my seat, drinking in the sound, thinking, "This is the best thing in the world."

Later, I got to thinking, what other things make me feel like that? What other things make me think "This is the best thing in the world"?

Here are a few:
  • the smell of waffle cones floating out to me from Cold Stone Creamery.
  • the smell of ink and glue and paper as I flip through a book or journal.
  • the freedom of weightless movement when I go swimming.
  • the enveloping warmth of my puffy down comforter when I slip into bed at night.
  • the magical liquid sunshine of a mug of Hatch's hot chocolate. (Seriously, if you've never tried it, go buy some right now. Go. Now. And get me some too.)
  • the refreshing simplicity of a glass of water after strenuous exercise.
  • the vibrant pure pinks and oranges and yellows in a perfectly cloud-strewn sunset.
  • the silence and stillness and brightness of a snowy night with a full moon.
What makes you say "This is the best thing in the world"?

No comments: