Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cleaning My Room: Before and After

If you are one of those people who believes in The Color Code, I am a blue-white (or sometimes a white-blue). What this means in terms of keeping a clean house is that I like things neat and tidy, but cleaning is not my highest priority until the disorder has built up to the point of driving me nuts, at which point a craziness comes over me and I can't do anything else until my house is clean. I suppose I'd call that passive-aggressive cleaning. :o)

Yesterday I finally got around to cleaning my room, including going through the stack of papers that had been growing on my desk for the past 16 months. Ok, it started as a stack--as of yesterday, it was about 4 stacks. At any rate, I cleaned all of that.

Here is a picture of my room mid-way through the cleaning spree:


That little empty spot in the middle is where I sat.

Here is a picture of my room once it was all done:


Ahhhh. So much better.

I've found that my very best cleaning always involves making a huge old mess first. Does anyone else do that?

No comments: