Sunday, May 10, 2009

Anya

I've never known what to answer when people ask what color my cat is. When she was little she looked like a Siamese cat, but now... well, she's just a mess. But I finally figured it out. My cat is carpet-colored. Perfect adaptation to her natural habitat. You can barely tell she's there:


Unfortunately, this means I have to be careful not to step on her, especially in the dark.

Anya has always liked to hide. She likes to go in small enclosed spaces, the types of places that would make me hyperventilate from claustrophobia. This picture is from a few years ago, and was taken with my camera phone, so it's a bit fuzzy, but it's Anya in my gig bag:


Can you find the cat among the mess of junk under the bed? I think her glowing eyes kind of give it away. And yes, that's my green sock-clad toe in the picture.


This one is a good one. Find Anya (and, um... just ignore the mess):


Yes, if you look closely, that is her in the apple box. It was closed and she snuck in through the slit in the top.

Stay tuned for further episodes about Anya's exploits.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Those are some fun pictures! It's amazing how well she blends in with the carpet.

elegyrl said...

I think you should post the picture of her punching you in the face you sent me from your phone! :)