Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To Fit Into A Swimsuit

In April I am going to Hawaii. It's my first time, so I'm getting excited. The bad news is that I am pretty sure my swim trunks are not going to fit me anymore. My swimsuit is fine, as I just bought it last year, but the shorts... not going to happen.

Yesterday my friend offered me a cookie. I'd had three already (they were small, ok?), but everyone knows that while 3 cookies is perfectly ok to eat if you're trying to slim down, 4 cookies is just too many. So I declined, saying, "No, I'm trying to actually fit into my swimsuit when I go to Hawaii."

"Oh," she said, "You know what you should do?"

"What?" I asked. I hoped she was going to tell me that one weird old tip to flatten your belly that all the websites advertise but I never can find out.

"Buy a new swimsuit," she said.

...

She went to Hawaii last year, so I guess I can trust her advice.

Time for new swim trunks!

P.S. I've gone swimming with swim trunks since junior high, so going trunkless is not an option.

4 comments:

Schmath said...

Yeah, totally go for the new ones. I've kept a lot of clothes, thinking someday I'd fit into them again. But I won't. And swim trunks aren't stretchy, so it'll be even harder.

Heather Dixon said...

Swimming trunks are totally cute, and definitely you should get some new ones, if just for a change of color/style

ol' Bob said...

Hawaii? Really? Wow.

Doing an exercise called planks is supposed to be excellent for belly-flattening, while eating cookies is of dubious value. Eating cookies is by far the more enjoyable of the two activities.

elegyrl said...

i like her advise.... even though my suit still fits I may take it too, since I haven't bought a new suit in several years and I am hoping to start doing a lot more swimming to work up strength in my leg until I am ready for more "regular" physical activity