Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's Like Being on a Mission Again...

Every night it is my goal to go to bed by midnight, and I have finally figured out how to do it. All I have to do is create a snowstorm that knocks out the power at 9:15pm. Ta-da! No internet, no light to read or study by (I do have a couple candles and flashlights, but most of my candles are at home in CA in a box in the house*), nothing to do but go to bed! I was in bed by 10:30.

Unfortunately, owing to the fact that I have gone to bed between 2-3 AM for the past several weeks/months, I didn't get to sleep for another hour (and who can blame me? I was 4 hours ahead of schedule!), and I had to get out of bed twice to re-stretch (I have to stretch my legs each night to "get the energy out"--restless legs). And I woke up at 1:30 for some reason and went to turn the light off downstairs (yay! the power is back on!). But when I woke up in the morning, I did feel more rested than I normally do, so I suppose that all in all it was a good night.

*The candles would be in a box in the garage, but it gets too hot in the summer (they would melt), so they're in the house instead. I think. If Mother Edit reads this, perhaps she can tell me if my candles are still there.

4 comments:

whirligigdaisy said...

You went to bed at 9:15 on your mission. You must have been a good missionary. And I, I always stayed up very, very late. And then slept through personal study time.

Betty Edit said...

Oh, heck no! I didn't go to bed at 9:15 on the mission! Our bedtime was 10:30, which is when I went to bed after the power went out. The power just went OUT at 9:15, and the only time I go to bed THAT early is when I'm really sick. :o)

elegyrl said...

Glad you got some rest! I'm sure it helps for studying and all the other things going on in your life right now! I miss you and can't wait for your visit in July! It's gonna be so much fun!

ol' Bob said...

As far as I know, being a mere male, your candle collection is partially stored in the house and partially going up in smoke from time to time.