Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Not for you, Betty."

I happen to fill a lot of prescriptions at Target. Two of those prescriptions are refilled monthly, but they are on opposite schedules, so I'm in to pick up medicine every other week.

Not too long ago, I headed out early to work, intending to pick up my prescription on the way. I got in my car and glanced at my watch.

"Oh no!" I realized. "It's almost 1:30!"

The Target pharmacy closes between 1:30 and 2, but I decided to go anyway and see if I could make it.

When I arrived at Target, the lights at the pharmacy were off, but there were still two employees at the counter, and one lady was being helped. One of the employees I didn't recognize, but the other guy was someone who always seems to be there when I am (and I've done some fairly memorable stupid things while he's there too, like coming in for my prescription when I didn't call to refill it). I didn't realize just how memorable I'd made myself (or how frequently I'd picked up prescriptions), until I asked, "Is the pharmacy closed?"

He looked at me, and then he said, "Not for you, Betty."

Ha! He knew my name. How hilarious is that? I was laughing all the way out to my car. That was great customer service.

No comments: